The Bible is one of the most widely read books in the world. For Christians, it is considered an absolute authority in guiding their morality and beliefs.
However, many people commit sins from ignorance on a daily basis. We selected some actions that the Bible bans, but we still commit without probably realizing it.
1. Divorcing with your lying, cheating partner. 1 Corinthians 7:10–11 reads: “To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.”
2. Trimming your beard. Leviticus 19:27 reads: “Neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.”
3. Wearing skimpy clothes 1 Timothy 2:9 reads: “I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety.”
4. Eating assorted seafood. Leviticus 10–11 reads: “And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination.”
5. Pleasing yourself. 1 Corinthians 6:18 reads: “Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the immoral person sins against his own body.”
6. Wearing polyester, or any other fabric blends. Leviticus 19:19 reads: “You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.”
7. Intimate relations before marriage. There’s no point in listing one of the countless chapters and verses in the Bible which state that such kind of relationships is not allowed. That’s a fundamental Christian belief.
8. Wearing bling. 1 Timothy 2:9 reads: “Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments.”
9. Women speaking in church. 1 Corinthians 14:34 reads: “Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.”
10. Getting tattooed. Leviticus 19:28 reads: “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.”
By: Purity Nwosu