This is the concluding part of THE 10 BIGGEST MISTAKES TO AVOID THIS VALENTINE’S DAY
5. Make Sure You SEE Her
This is the concluding part of THE 10 BIGGEST MISTAKES TO AVOID THIS VALENTINE’S DAY
I wish this would go without saying, but unfortunately couples fight every year because their partner does not realize the importance of seeing each other on this special day. Nothing makes your partner feel like an afterthought like taking February 14th and turning it into an all-day LAN party with your gaming buddies. Sure, they may have Doritos, but is that really what you want to be doing on February 14th?
It can be great to think that you have the ability to sweep your partner off her feet with a gesture so grand, even the movies would be jealous. Yet one of the biggest downfalls may be if you are trying to create a day for your partner that just isn’t realistic. Do they work until 9:30? Then they might not be up for a 3 hour trek to a super romantic spot. Do you only have a bit of money? Work around that and your partner will be both wooed, and amazed by your practicality. Similarly, if you are trying to be practical, it may also show that you are thinking hard about her and the day and made your plan specific to fit into her.
I can’t stand how often you see the exact same type of necklace, rings, etc. being advertised. Make sure that when your partner opens her special gift on that day, they feel special. There is nothing wrong with jewelry, but perhaps still find a way to make it feel personalized for her. Nobody wants to get the exact same thing that you bought your ex for years. This is where handmade gifts can be a huge advantage over going and buying something shiny from the mall at the last minute.
Did you know that basic hygiene is super not overrated? Making sure you are shaved, trimmed and looking good is the first sign for letting your partner know that you are game for some lovemaking. I’m not saying that Dorito dust doesn’t incite the same foreplay as cologne would, but your partner just might appreciate the cologne more. Similarly, if you know you are going out to a nice restaurant, make sure you are wearing something that fits the occasion.
This is obviously not a hard and fast rule, but generally, buying lingerie is a really risky move for any guy. First off, you need to debate if you can find the right size (and God help you if you don’t). Then you need to realize that bras and ESPECIALLY weird lingerie that you think is sexy, can also be impractical and really hard to buy for another person. Nothing says romance like “thanks baby, that corset is super hot…but you guessed my waist wrong…so it can sit in the chair.” It is also worth pointing out that lingerie is often a gift for the guy, and it may make your partner feel like you are thinking about yourself and not them, and that too, is a quick way to make sure romance is not in the air.
Are you a big fan of Valentine’s Day? Even if you are not, that question still holds a great deal of weight, especially when it is followed up by the question, is your partner a big fan of Valentine’s Day? Because if one of you is, you better be aware that the special day is just around the corner. While the day can lead to some unforgettable memories, it does not come without some pitfalls that can make the day more stressful than sexy.
When it comes to romantic holidays, there might not be a day that incites more pressure than Valentine’s Day (damn you movies and/or countless TV commercials!). The day is literally built around love, but with all the expectations that the day brings, comes some common mistakes that can derail even the strongest of relationships.
It does not need to be the most expensive day of the entire year, but it should be a day where above all else, you make your partner feel loved. If you are starting to feel a little bit nervous as the day gets closer, you are in luck!
There is no better way to make sure you avoid a common Valentine’s Day mistake, than taking the time out of your day to read a list about the biggest mistakes that people can make on this special day.
Keep these 10 tips in mind, and you can be sure that you are able to avoid some of the biggest downfalls of the day, and keep the focus on what is really important: The Love.
When it comes to Valentine’s Day, I don’t know if you know this, but you are not the only couple in the world that thinks eating is a pretty smart way to spend part of your date. Buyer beware however, because restaurants on Valentine’s Day are arguably the hottest places around (second only to your bedroom!). If you don’t have dinner reservations for the special day, you may find yourself eating McDonald’s instead of the fancy meal that your girlfriend got all dressed up for. Plus, by making a reservation you are showing her that you thought ahead, and it never hurts to be seen as a thoughtful guy.
It doesn’t have to be something elaborate, but one of the biggest mistakes of any relationship is feeling like Valentine’s Day is “just another day.” Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Netflix and chilling, but it would be nice if you still found a way to make your partner feel extra loved. You can complain all you want about the commercialization of Valentine’s Day, but you know what? A box of cupcake mix is $2 from any corner store. Pick it up, make some cupcakes and make a memory, damnit.
Even if you and your partner do not always knock boots, one thing that is implied at the very least on Valentine’s Day, is that you are about to get down and dirty. Just make sure that if the mood is set in all the right ways, there is also the protection and supplies necessary to make it a smooth run. I assure you, the most awkward time to be buying condoms may be on February 14th at 11:30pm. Have confidence that if you are having a hot date it may lead to some tomfoolery, so come prepared!
I am a big believer that Valentine’s Day does not have to be the biggest holiday in the world. It can be a day where you make your partner feel loved and appreciated, and if you are a little tight financially, try and find a way to still make your partner feel loved and appreciated. It can be words, it can be handmade things; there is no shortage of ways to make the day a memorable experience.
Do you think Valentine’s Day is super stupid? That’s great, but you know who might not feel that way? Your partner, who you love and want to make sure has a lovely day. As a result, one of the best ways to make sure she has a good time? Don’t spend the day (AND THE WEEK BEFORE) insulting Valentine’s Day and how it costs too much, or how it’s too much of a hassle. Nothing kills the romance like your partner knowing that you are hating all of the effort you’re having to put in.
Watch this space for the concluding part!
Most people choose to utilize every single minute of the day without leaving space for any form of destruction. Intercepting the day with meals is considered a time wasting phenomenon with some people who fall in the category mentioned afore. A viable reason that accounts for this choice is the stress encountered to have access to a meal – time spent in traffic, long waits at restaurants. These developments have reduced the priority placed on meals by many individuals.
Although the choice may save you time, have you considered the health risks that are birthed out of skipping meals? According to a research report published on the website of the Ohio State University, it revealed that skipping meals not only leads to abdominal weight gain, but it can also lead to the development of insulin resistance in the liver. In another article published on www.healthyandnaturalworld.com, it had a paragraph that read “…skipping meals is no time saver. When done a few times, it doesn’t present a big problem. However, when it becomes a habit or a part of a dieting strategy, it can have long-term effects on the body and even contribute to the development of some chronic conditions.” Why make the challenge of getting access to meals become reason for a long term health condition?
Technology came to make life in itself better and the brand HelloFood, a food market place, has developed a perfect solution to the situation of a stressful ordeal in getting access to food. HelloFood is ready to deliver your meals at your doorstep. You no longer need to worry about stress, let HelloFood be burdened with that. All you need is download the “order food app” and place an order for your meal from your favourite restaurant.
Would you choose getting caught in a short life filled with many unwanted health conditions or you will choose HelloFood for a long healthy life? Don’t make the wrong choices with food.
Courtesy twitter: @hellofoodghana fb: hellofood.Gh IG: @hellofood_gh
Hey style lovers, welcome to 2016! Although 2015 was an amazing year forAwed by Monica in so many ways, there are so many things I know I could have done to elevate myself & my brand to the next level. Ans that is why I am terming 2016 as the year of elevation.
Let’s take it up a notch this year in our fashion, makeup, hair and life in general. We are the only ones holding ourselves back, so instead of putting up invisible baeeiers. let’s step outside the norm and make 2016 our year.
Here are 5 ways to do this;
1. Improve Your Wardrobe
Out with the old and in with the new this year! In a perfect world, we would all like to start fresh and replenish our wardrobes, however for most, that isn’t quite realistic.
In 2016, instead of focusing on acquiring many items that we don’t even really like but get anyways because they are on sale, let’s put our resources into one or two items we love. Get that one classic bag you have always wanted, or that perfect ‘pop of color’ piece that is sure to transform your outfits. You already have great pieces in your closet so why not get that one piece that you can use to accessorize your wardrobe, and help elevate your style.
2. Fashion Trends to Try in 2016
I don’t even know where to start with the trends. There are so many fabulous fashion trends that have been predicted for this year. I have picked a few that are sure to elevate your style game in 2016, so take notes.
– Top-handle Bags
Top handle bags are sophisticated, classy and chic. Don’t ask why, but your bag truly speaks volumes, so start the year with a bag that tells the world you are ready for successful year.
– Wide-Leg Jeans
Isn’t it funny how fashion always does a 360? The hot fashion trend of the 70s is back lovelies so get with it.
Wide leg jeans are going to be major this year, so if you haven’t already gotten rid of your old pair, dust them off and bring them out. Unfortunately if you did get rid of your old pair head to any major retailer because they are all selling this must try trend for 2016.
– Clean and Classic Looks
If you want to be successful this year, you can’t just play the part, you also have to dress the part. Add clean and classic pieces to your OOTD (Outfit Of The Day). We all have classic pieces in our wardrobe, so you don’t even have to run out and start buying pieces to achieve this trend. It’s all about how you put things together. Lose the busy look this year and opt for more clean and classic outfits.
3. Enhance Your Hair
When 2015 started, I was all about natural hair and I am still about natural hair and loving it. However in 2016 I want to encourage you to try something new, switch out your hair damaging weaves and try clip-ins.
They are way better for your hair, and don’t break or damage your hair like weaves do. Plus, you can do a hundred and one different styles at the touch of a clip. Wearing clip-ins also allows you to take better care of your own hair. I encourage you wash your hair once a week and wrap your hair at night instead of using a flat iron every night.
4. Makeup that is Sure to Turn Heads
Bold & pronounced makeup is very much a trend right now! At the same time, that clean & flawless face is also major. So what to do? Go with the statement makeup look or the ‘I Woke Up Like This’ flawless makeup look? The answer is to do all of them this year. Either way you will make heads turn. Contouring and bold eyes will definitely enhance your features and is perfect for going out.
A flawless face is sure to have people questioning your age and wanting what you have. Have fun with makeup this year and don’t hesitate to step outside of your makeup comfort zone.
5. Selfie – Self Love
In a world where we have been seeing so much hate this past year, is it really so bad to have a little self-love? We criticize the whole selfie culture and people who take selfies, but what is so wrong with appreciating and showering yourself with some love?
If we took the time to love ourselves a little more, that love for self would definitely transcend to others. 2015 was definitely a blessing but with a little more love in your heart, 2016 will be the biggest success ever. Go ahead take a selfie and love others as you love yourself.
Photo Credits: www.awedbymonica.com | www.Pintrest.com | @awedbymoni(Instagram)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is a striker playing for Borussia Dortmund. He was born on 18th June 1989 in a French town of Laval.
Pierre’s youth career started in the academy of AC Milan where the young forward received his education, mastered his skills playing for the youth team and becoming a professional. He took the fourth place with the junior squad of AC Milan in the International tournament among clubs’ youth teams.
In 2008 Pierre was offered to join the first team of the Italian side. It meant to be the start of player’s professional career. As soon as Aubameyang signed the contract he was loaned by Dijon in France in the summer.
Dijon played the whole season 2008/09 scoring many important goals for his club. In total he managed to gain 34 appearances with 8 goals throughout the season.
In 2009 Pierre was sent on loan again, this time to Lille in the French Ligue 1. That club had a tough competition in the offensive line so the footballer had to go down to hard labour at the training ground in order to win a place in the star however during the season he played 14 matches scoring two goals.
The following club to loan the Frenchman was Monaco. One season for them resulted in occasional appearances in the starting eleven (19 in total) and two goals for the whole season 2010/11.
His loan terms were over in 2011 and AC Milan was offered to sell the player. Saint-Étienne from French highest division was among the clubs willing to purchase the centre-forward. Eventually the two parties agreed upon the terms of the deal so Aubameyang signed with the French side. Since 2011 the Frenchman had played 87 games having scored 37 times for the club.
In the summer 2013 the Gabonese was offered a lucrative swoop for German giants Borussia Dortmund.
As an international player Pierre-Emerick is regularly capped for the national team of Gabon due to the origin of player’s parents.
He is the current African player of the year, beating 4-time winner Yaya Toure and Ghanaian midfielder Andre Ayew to the much coveted award.
The 26-year-old polled 143 points, seven more than Toure whilst Ayew finished a distant third with 112 points to claim the prize for the first time, capping a season where he has put up stellar performances for his Bundesliga outfit, Borussia Dortmund.
He becomes the first player from the German league to win the award having finished as runner-up in the 2014 edition staged in Lagos.
The recipient of the award is decided by national team coaches and technical directors in Africa – with Yaya and Samuel Eto’o the most-honoured individuals with four titles each.
One of the most stylish fashion statements a guy can make is a suit. Sure, we love the scruffy flannel-and-jeans look. But when it’s time to look sharp, smart and put-together, there is nothing like a suit.
When it’s done right, that is. Too many men are failing to wear their suits to perfection (or anywhere in the neighborhood of perfection). The pants are too long, the jacket sleeves are too short, the lapels are too wide, the buttons too tight… we could go on and on.
So we will. Below, we’ve helpfully highlighted the 15 more egregious mistakes guys are making with their suits. Men, print this out, laminate it and study it. Then pledge never to commit these errors ever again.
1. Letting a white undershirt poke though above the dress shirt at the neck. This is sloppy-looking, giving off a whiff of frat boy. It’s also simply unnecessary: Go buy yourself some v-neck undershirts (or better yet, wear none — they’re by no means required) and save the crewnecks for days when you wear a tie.
2. Not getting your jacket sleeves hemmed or tailored. Most men assume that once their pants are hemmed, they’re done. But jacket sleeves are just as important, if not more so, to have tailored. Too-long sleeves look careless, and too-short sleeves look dorky. Make sure the jacket ends 1/2 inch above your shirt sleeve. In addition, take care to tailor the jacket width around the bicep and the torso. Most guys’ suit jackets are way too roomy, making them look heavier or simply sloppier.
3. Choosing jackets that are too long. A good way to test the length? Let the jacket hem fall where your fingertips end naturally. It’s as easy as that.
4. Forgetting to remove the brand label off the jacket sleeve. We’re shaking our heads.
5. Forgetting to cut open the thread on the the back vent and the pockets. Again, smh.
6. Choosing lapels that are too big. If they’re big enough for Rush Limbaugh, they’re too big. 3 inches is probably a safe upper limit.
7. Wearing pants with pleats. You’re not the dad from “Leave It To Beaver” (or this guy) and this isn’t 1955. Flat-front pants are the way to go so you don’t look 10 pounds heavier.
8. Wearing pants that are too long. Mind the break — the break, that is, in the fabric that occurs when the bottom of your pants skim the tops of your shoes, creating a horizontal crease (a “break”) in the fabric. Pants with no break mean they’re so short they fall right above the shoe and flash some sock. This is trendy, but perhaps too risky for many guys. Most men should aim for a medium break — not too rumpled or baggy, but not too short around the ankles.
9. Wearing pants with cuffs. Not only are they untrendy at the moment, cuffs visually shorten the leg, a death sentence for the petite dudes out there. For everyone else, cuffs also tend to flop around more. And no woman likes a guy whose pants flop around the ankles.
10. Choosing shirts that are too big. There will be some gym rats with bulging muscles whose shirts are too tight. But generally, men have the problem of buying them too big. When it come to the collar, follow the one-finger rule (if you can fit more than one finger between the collar and your neck, it’s too big). For the torso, just purchase a slim-cut shirt, for the love of God. If it’s billowing out or bunching at the sides when you tuck it in, it’s simply too big.
11. Thinking pinstripes are the only acceptable suit print — and actually wearing them. Suits come in more print options than just pinstripes, from glen plaid to windowpane check. Adventure out into subtle prints, always neutrals on neutrals… but leave the bold pinstripes to Gordon Gekko and Derek Jeter.
12. Wearing black. Yes, wearing black. You may have gotten a spiffy black suit for your Bar Mitzvah, and you may have seen your father rock a black suit to the office. But black should generally be reserved for funerals and weddings — for daytime wear, stick with a classic navy or charcoal gray suit, paired with shoes in brown hues. Bonus: There are almost no color shirts that don’t match navy or gray.
13. Going bold with French cuffs… that look like flippers. French cuffs, worn with subtle (notflashy/cutesy/anything with logos) cuff links, can add some “oomph” to a suit for a more formal occasion. But when they’re too big at the wrist (or, God forbid, exceed the size of the suit sleeves they’re under), they’ll flop around conspicuously. Best to just steer clear entirely.
14. Letting your tie peek out from under the sides and back of your collar. Either your collar is too small or your tie is too big. Either way, make sure this never happens.
15. Focusing on flash over substance. Tie clips, pocket squares, French cuffs — these are privileges that are earned, not simply given. You’ve got to master the basics first, which means a solid-fitting suit and a shirt to match in a foolproof color combo. As the saying goes, “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.”